“The Appliance Professor” Terms and Conditions
This site is owned and operated by The Appliance Professor (The Appliance Professor, “we” or “us”).
Please read these Standard Terms and Conditions carefully as the conditions will form the basis of the contract for The Appliance Professor’sservices.
Pay particular attention to those conditions which limit our liability or affect your obligations to us.
By placing an order you accept and agree to be bound by these terms in full.
1. Appliance Repairs
Our one off fixed fee incorporates the travel and diagnostic / labour time of our service engineer. This charge remains the same irrespective of how long the engineer takes to diagnose the fault or how many visits he will take to repair that one fault.
The price quoted also includes VAT.
- A comprehensive test of the appliance will be undertaken along with a safety check before leaving the site of the repair.
- Parts Costs are an additional charge if required.
- All repairs will require full and easy access to your appliance. If your appliance is not able to be easily accessed by the engineer, we have the right to abort the repair and in such instances, we have the right to charge you a callout fee.
- It is your responsibility to provide safe and sufficient access for installation or removal of any goods. Whilst we will take the utmost care to install or remove appliances without damage to flooring or adjacent fittings, we cannot be liable for any such damage unless it was due to our negligence. We will endeavour to notify you if we believe insufficient access is available and you may cancel your contract if you do not wish to take the risk of damage to the surrounding area. Any damage must be reported to the engineer at the time of visit or within 24 hours to The Appliance Professor.
- Parking which gives reasonable access to your property must be available for the engineer. If a permit is required, it is your responsibility to arrange for the engineer to park free of charge for the duration of the visit.
- We do not repair commercial appliances but will repair domestic appliances installed into commercial properties.
- We do not accept liability for any losses which you may incur before, during, or after us providing our products/services. This includes, but is not limited to: food loss and laundry costs.
If you wish for The Appliance Professor to attend to the repair of more than one appliance, each appliance will be charged at the usual fixed repair rate.
Payment for the Repair:
We require immediate payment in full once the repair has been completed. In the event of non payment, we shall take such action as we consider appropriate to recover our fees which may include engaging third party debt recovery agents and all costs will be added to the principal sum owing plus interest due in addition to recovery costs levied by the Debt Recovery Agents.
What is not included:
- The cost of any parts (if required)
- Appliances situated on boats
- Food loss or spoilage
- Appliances which differ from the initial instruction given
- The cost of any additional labour for an appliance which is not easily accessible and we have the ability to make it accessible.
- Any consequential losses, however incurred
Guarantee of Parts Fitted
The fixed price repair is guaranteed to cover only the initial fault for 180 days from the date of the repair.
This guarantee does not cover any subsequent unrelated breakdown/fault(s) to the appliance or indeed to parts sourced from another supply other than The Appliance Professor. We do not accept or nor will we be liable for any parts supplied by a 3rd party other than The Appliance Professor.
The guarantee will become invalid if the appliance has been repaired, serviced or spare parts installed or purchased by/from anyone other than us since our last visit or is moved to a new address.
If you request an engineer for a re-visit and an alternative fault is discovered and you wish to continue with the repair, you will be charged an additional labour charge and for parts (if required)
If we cannot repair your Appliance
On some occasions, we will be unable to fully repair your Appliance and only half the labour charge will become payable
This will be because:
- The parts required for the repair are now obsolete
- The service engineer deems the appliance irreparable or unsafe
If after a period of 6 weeks, the required part which is on order is still outstanding, (which would be highly unusual), we will deem the appliance irreparable and only 50% of the fixed labour charge, including VAT will become payable.
Amendment or Cancellation of Appointment
You may change or cancel your appointment at any time up to 6pm on the day before your scheduled appointment day. If you cancel without sufficient notice or we arrive at the property and are unable to attend the repair, you will be liable for a full labour charge, payable immediately.
If you wish to cancel your repair whilst it is in progress, for example, the engineer has visited once but will need to return to complete the repair, you will still be liable for the full fixed labour fee including VAT and parts costs too if they have been fitted.
We pride ourselves on the quality of our repair work and are committed to giving honest advice. If you have a query or complaint about your repair, please email our Customer Services department on: email@example.com
Use of The Appliance Professor Website
All copyright and other intellectual property rights in any material contained on our website are own outright by The Appliance Professor. The website comprises a variety of trademarks including the Appliance Professor name and logo which belong to The Appliance Professor.
You may not Copy, distribute, alter or tamper with in any way or otherwise use any material contained in the website except as specifically permitted for personal or commercial use.
The website also includes links to external websites and we accept no responsibility for the content of these websites.
We have the right to make amendments to these terms and conditions at any time and without notice. Any such changes will take effect when made visible on the website and it is your responsibility to read these updated terms and conditions each time a booking is placed with us.
The Appliance Professor has done its best to ensure the accuracy of the material in this website but makes no express warranties or representations about any of the content on this site. Furthermore, we accept no responsibility for loss or damage which may arise from reliance on information or advice contained within this website and shall not be liable for any typographical or any other errors or omissions therein.We accept no responsibility for loss or damage which may arise from reliance or dependance on the advice or wording containied within this site and shall not be liable for any typographical or other sundry errors/omissions within all material on this website.
All personal information which has been submitted on this website will be held and used only by The Appliance Professor. We may disclose your information to our service providers to provide any technical advice or information if required. We may also use your data for training and testing purposes.
We will communicate in English and English law will apply. Nothing within these terms and conditions will reduce of affect your statutory rights.
Committed to giving a value for money service with no hidden charges.
We can repair any brand of household appliances and we will do our utmost to complete each repair on the very first visit.
The Appliance Professor
The Appliance Professor is a family run business with nearly 2 decades of expertise in repairing all domestic appliances across all manufacturers. We are fully committed to giving a value for money service with no hidden charges.
We are proud to provide engineer coverage across Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire and Buckinghamshire and offer a fast and reliable repair service for our domestic customers.